I received a coupon for a free Annie’s Family Size Frozen Entree to facilitate this review. This is my own honest review. For a limited time you can get your own $2 off coupon on Annie’s facebook page.
Since our family likes to eat as natural and organic as possible, I’ve been a fan of Annie’s Homegrown for awhile now. I know when I see the Annie’s label that I can buy with confidence and know that the food is not going to be full of unnatural chemicals, genetically modified ingredients or artificial flavorings.
Recently I was selected to receive a coupon to try the new Family Size frozen entrees. I went to the store with the intent of trying the Shells&White Cheddar with Chicken but unfortunately our local Target was only carrying the Classic Macaroni & Cheese (bummer!)
We went with the baking route (the dish can also be microwaved) and here was the result:
There were a few pros and cons of the entree my husband and I noted:
- The entree came in cardboard and not plastic (hooray!)
- The noodles came out just right. Not too hard, not too soft, and just the slightest baked crisp here and there.
- The taste was creamy and mild. The cheddar doesn’t have a lot of bite so you may want to add some seasonings or other ingredients to kick up the flavor a bit. If you have finicky kids though, this mild flavor might be a good thing.
- While it does say family size it pretty much made two bowls of the following size pictured for my husband and I. Luckily our infant daughter hasn’t quite moved onto this type of food yet. You’d need more than one box to feed a larger family or one with growing teens.
- I think for the price you’d want to go with one of the other varieties to get more for your money. The noodles in the entree however are much bigger than the smaller Annie’s boxed macaroni and cheese meals.
The entree made two bowls of about this size
“I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.”