I have had so many people question our choice of blue for the walls of our little girls nursery. Once people step into the room though and discover that the color is a sky blue and the walls are accented with clouds they begin to understand our choice a bit more. We wanted to do something very natural and earthy for the nursery. I believe in decorating using elements from nature and wanted the room to be soothing and relaxing. The color scheme includes sky blue walls, light birch wood furniture as well as wood accents in other tones, and shades of green in various objects to round out the palette. Rabbit closet pulls, a curtain rod with bronze birds, and a bird lamp as well as handmade artwork lend a woodland touch. White curtains and white cloud shelving help keep the room bright and airy. It was all relatively inexpensive too with affordable furniture from IKEA, cubical storage and garage sale finds allowing for some splurges in some of the accents and artwork to complete the look.
- Sherwin Williams Harmony Paint in Quench Blue
- Artwork by Jenn Doss – Prints on Wood and Kassondra Amada
- Bird Lamp from World Market
- Rabbit Closet Pulls from Anthropologie
- Bronze Bird Curtain Rod from Lowe’s
- Rocking Chair – Garage Sale Score!
- Closet Shelving Cubical Unit from Target, Fabric Drawers in Kiwi Green
- Various Toys – IKEA, Baby Einstein, etc…
- Crib and Changing Table – IKEA Gulliver
- Crib Mattress – Naturepedic
- Cloud Shelf and Hanging Hooks – Etsy